DL/MREC Required Supervision Course
Brokers, branch office managers, and team leaders all share in the responsibility to provide adequate and reasonable supervision to other licensees and independent contractors doing business on behalf of the brokerage. The consequences for failing to provide this support can be severe.
This three-hour course offers a thorough review of what it means to provide adequate and reasonable support. In addition, the course looks at how supervisory responsibilities apply to various special issues, such as the formation of intra-company agency relationships, the use of advertisements and trade names, the proper handling of deposits, and so much more.
Course highlights include:
- A comprehensive review of the supervisory requirements outlined in the Maryland Real Estate Brokers Act
- A discussion of what constitutes “reasonable and adequate” supervision
- A review of the consequences for failing to provide proper supervision
- A look at the role of teams and intra-company agents
- Guidelines for using team names in advertisements
- Tips for working under a trade name
- Guidelines for correctly handling commissions, fees, rebates, and deposits
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context