DL/Anatomy of Commercial Building
When licensees represent clients in a commercial transaction, whether marketing the building or assisting in the purchase, knowledge of the building’s structure and systems is vital. A building is comprised of its architectural features and its MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) systems.
Highlights of this course include:
- A foundational understanding of foundations! Includes footings and how they work with foundations to form a system, design concerns of foundations including soil conditions, water tables, and live and dead loads
- Design considerations for roofs, walls, windows, and doors
- An overview of HVAC types and considerations, including cost, efficiency, and varying tenant needs
- A look at electrical, lighting, controls, fire and security alarms, and how they differ by building use and tenant need
- How external conditions can impact building design, occupancy, and parking, including zoning and code location, topography, and environmental factors