Louisiana Continuing Education COURSE
2021 Mandatory Course: Basics of Investment Property and Property Management
From single-family rentals and duplexes to large-scale apartment complexes and office buildings, investment properties come in many different forms. And every property type comes with its own set of pros and cons. This is where you come in!
The more you understand about different investment properties and how investors are likely to evaluate them, the easier it’ll be for you to help your clients find the properties that match their short- and long-term financial goals.
Of course, helping your investor clients find the right properties is only the first step. It’s also valuable to understand the role property management plays. After all, property managers do a lot more than just collect rent. They’re also responsible for maintaining good communication with the client, handling tenant relations, ensuring fair housing guidelines are followed, and so much more.
2021 Mandatory Course: Basics of Investment Property and Property Management offers a careful examination of both investment properties and property management, so that you’re able to provide investor clients with the insight and expertise they deserve and expect.
Course highlights include:
- The characteristics of each investment property type
- Methods that can be used to identify the value of investment properties
- “Financial leverage” defined
- Advantages and disadvantages of financing an investment property
- The components of a 1031 Exchange
- Components required to assess a commercial real estate property
- The roles and responsibilities of a property manager
- The basic rules and regulations of Louisiana property management
- Property management best practices
- Differences between disparate treatment and disparate impact
- Assistance animals and reasonable accommodation requests
- The use of testing to identify discriminatory practices
- Federal laws and regulations that impact property management
- LREC website and portal functionality
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts