Required Kansas Broker Core: Leadership Safari: Take Your Brokerage to the Next Level
The Kansas Broker Core – Leadership Safari offers an overview of what it takes to manage a real estate office, and the necessary leadership skills and risk reduction techniques. A brokerage can implement the necessary guidelines, training and expectations that will help protect both the brokerage and its agents from committing the common violations that create big issues. In addition, brokerages may be ready to take their business to the next level—and this course will provide a tool to help get there.
This is a three-hour course that reviews a range of topics relevant to brokerages, including a look at what are the most common violations, how both brokerages and agents can work together and individually to reduce risk, implementing effective training and the desired attitude “from the top,” and how to perform an exercise that can be used to design a brokerage’s strategic plan. Kansas Broker Core 2014 – Leadership Safari meets Kansas’s CE requirement for renewing a real estate license.
Course highlights include:
- The 5 elements of misrepresentation.
- The 3 types of misrepresentation.
- Agency and a review of the duties and obligations of a seller’s agent, a buyer’s agent and a transaction broker, how agency is violated, and a description of “crossing signs” and how to avoid.
- Advertising requirements, prohibited acts—and the biggest violations.
- Risk reduction techniques to implement and follow, including tightening up administration.
- Developing a training program that moves a brokerage to the next level.
- Performing a SWOT exercise to develop a clearer idea of where the brokerage currently is, and what it can capitalize on to reach goals.
- A discussion about attitude and the role it plays in a brokerage.
- Examples and activities to emphasize key points and concepts.