Kansas Continuing Education COURSE
Kansas Required Core
Agency has always been a tricky topic, for licensees and consumers alike—and it’s why real estate commissions across the country continually reinforce agency knowledge through continuing education. One of the best ways to learn how to avoid agency-related mistakes is to learn from the mistakes of others. In this spirit, your course dives into several real-life case studies and gives you a chance to consider what you might have done differently had you been in that licensee’s shoes. Your course also provides a comprehensive review of agency and non-agency relationships, the Brokerage Relationships in Real Estate Transactions Act (BRRETA), the role of the supervising broker, and the responsibilities agents and transaction brokers have to the transaction parties and others.
The course meets Kansas mandatory requirements for the Salesperson-Broker Core Course.
- History of Kansas agency law
- The supervising broker’s role
- Duties and responsibilities of transaction brokers, seller/buyer agents, and designated seller/buyer agents
- Analysis of the Kansas Brokerage Relationships in Real Estate Transactions Act (BRRETA)
- Tips for avoiding misrepresentation claims
- Legal protections BRRETA offers licensees
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts