Illinois Continuing Education COURSE
Illinois Broker Management
Managing a brokerage and supervising licensees is a huge responsibility. Not only must you ensure your own compliance with real estate law, you also need to make sure every licensee associated with your firm knows the rules and adheres to them.
Every licensee, every transaction, every time.
Recent changes to the Illinois Real Estate License Act of 2000 directly impact your supervisory and oversight responsibilities. This course will help you create, implement, and apply office policies required to operate and manage a successful brokerage that's compliant with real estate law and regulations.
This 12-hour course meets the broker management core course for brokers in Illinois.
Course highlights include:
- New definitions in the Illinois Real Estate License Act
- Role, title, and usage of the term “designated managing broker”
- Direct supervision requirements of new licensees
- Escrow and transaction supervision requirements
- Oversight of negotiations conducted electronically
- Agency disclosure lawsand the managing broker’s role in ensuring disclosure compliance
- Online advertising regulations, including the one-click rule
- Training requirements for sponsoring brokers
- Team advertising laws
- Agency models and their requirements
- Changes to age and education requirements for Illinois licensees
- Required interactions with the Division of Real Estate
- Activities and scenarios to provide real-world context for course content