Delaware Continuing Education COURSE
Selected Topics in Office Management in Delaware (Module 4)
Office management goes way beyond making sure files are in order. In fact, this is a broad topic that comprises many issues, some of which seem otherwise unrelated. Clearly, document management falls under office operations, but what about agency law? That has an impact on office management as well because it defines the actions that you (not to mention unlicensed office workers) can and can’t perform. If you cross the line, you risk your license and your broker’s license, too. Both federal and sate laws have a lot to say about how real estate offices operate in Delaware.
To maintain their license, Delaware real estate professionals must complete 21 hours of continuing education, composed of seven core modules. This course fulfills the state's Office Management (Module 4) requirement.
Course highlights include:
- The legalities of setting up a real estate office in Delaware
- Delaware licensee/broker business relationships
- Agent and unlicensed assistant supervision
- Disaster planning
- Requirements for maintaining a Delaware real estate license in good standing
- Best practices for managing multiple offer scenarios
- The specifics of procuring cause
- Common MLS violations and how to avoid them
- Best practices for advertising and communications with consumers
- Review of RESPA requirements and restrictions