Delaware Continuing Education COURSE
Delaware Agency and Fair Housing (Module 1)
A thorough understanding of state and federal laws that apply to agency and fair housing is required, if you want to keep your reputation and your license intact. Delaware Agency and Fair Housing aims to ensure that you not only understand these laws but can apply them when faced with sticky situations.
To maintain your license, Delaware real estate professionals must complete 21 hours of continuing education, composed of seven core modules. This course fulfills the state's Agency and Fair Housing (Module 1) requirement.
Course highlights include:
- A review of the Consumer Information Statement
- An explanation of the differences between statutory and common law agency relationships
- A review of federal and state fair housing laws
- Two new proposed protected classes at the federal level
- HUD’s guidelines on criminal background screening
- The court case that protects sexual orientation and gender identity from housing discrimination at the federal level
- What fair housing law has to say about smokers, hoarders, and assistance animals
- How to ensure you treat all parties equally and within the requirements of the law
- Fair Housing Makes Us Stronger video from the National Association of REALTORS® commemorating the 50-year anniversary of the Fair Housing Act
- 7 Days documentary video leading up to the passage of the Civil Rights Act
- Activities and real world examples