Delaware Continuing Education COURSE
Code of Ethics: Good For Your Clients and Your Business (Module 2)
A solid ethical foundation is an essential part of any good business practice. That’s why the National Association of REALTORS® asks its members to follow its Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Updated regularly, this Code was first adopted in 1913 and consists of 17 Articles along with supporting Standards of Practice.
Revised in January 2022 and designed to meet NAR Cycle 7 requirements, the Code of Ethics: Good for Your Clients and Your Business three-hour course reviews each Article, highlighting pertinent changes, and offers important takeaway points you can apply to your day-to-day business dealings to ensure you’re always ethical in your business practices.
Course highlights include:
- Meets both regular ethics renewal requirements and new licensee ethics course requirements
- History and evolution of the Code, the preamble, and the Code’s influence on state licensing laws
- Structure of the Code
- Review and application of the Code’s Articles and Standards of Practice
- Tips for applying the Code’s principles and guidelines to your practice
- Importance of ethical behavior in NAR members and non-members alike, fostering a spirit of cooperation
- Mediation and arbitration, with arbitration as the monetary dispute resolution process between REALTORS®
- Application of Article 17 of the NAR Code of Ethics to the complaints and hearing process
- Grievance committee vs. professional standards committee
- Activities and examples to illustrate the practical application of the new information and frame it in everyday context
*This course was designed by The CE Shop to meet the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training Requirement. Please confirm that your local association, who administers the Code of Ethics training, will accept this course.