Basics of Real Estate Taxation (Module 7)
It is widely known that government exists due to the taxation of you and your client's income and property. Your clients should be aware that tax consequences occur as a result of each real estate transaction. Although as a real estate professional you should not provide tax or legal advice, you can identify the potential income and other tax affects for your sellers and buyers, and advise them to seek appropriate legal and tax counsel.
Course highlights include:
- Details outlining in-home office deduction requirements, and an explanation of how to calculate these deductions
- A clear definition of qualified residences
- Details about loans that commonly qualify for interest deductions
- Instructions on calculating an adjusted basis, a capital gain/loss, a net selling price, and a gain or loss on the sale of assets
- An overview of commercial real estate 1031 Like-Kind Exchange requirements