2016 Colorado Annual Commission Update
Each year, the Commission develops an Annual Commission Update (ACU) Course offering important information and updates related to regulatory changes and issues affecting real estate practice.
This four-hr course highlights compliance issues, reviews general practice knowledge, summarizes recent regulatory and Commission changes that affect the real estate industry, and meets Colorado’s mandatory requirement for CE.
Reminder: The ACU is best taken at the beginning to middle of the year. Also, the ACU is not a contracts course.
Course highlights include:
- Requirements for reporting a criminal conviction to the Commission
- A review of office policy manuals, including the minimum requirements
- An in-depth look at disclosure issues, rules for modifying forms, and issues with subsurface rights
- A breakdown of a counter proposal to a counter proposal
- An overview of the revisions to contract forms and their correct use
- Updates RESPA/integrated disclosure requirements, rebates, and referrals
- A review of trust funds, post-occupancy agreements, and the Commission complaint process
- Resources for licensees and Commission news updates
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context