Alaska Continuing Education COURSE
Ethics in Alaska
Ethics serve as the basis for a professional real estate practice. Based on the Golden Rule, the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics serves as the foundation for the ethical practice of real estate. And even if you aren’t a REALTOR®, the Code of Ethics should still inform your choices as a licensee. With this in mind, we’ll review the Code of Ethics and its 17 articles, and then take a closer look at how adhering to the code leads to greater professionalism in your everyday real estate practice. This includes best practices for working with clients and customers, the public, and other licensees, as well as the ethics of disclosure, confidentiality, and handling conflicts of interest.
This two-hour course prepares you to incorporate the tenets of the Code of Ethics into your everyday practice, thereby simultaneously protecting the public and enhancing your professional image.
Course highlights include:
- National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Applicability of the Code of Ethics to all licensees
- Showcasing professionalism in real estate practice
- Best practices with clients and customers
- Best practices with the public and other licensees
- Ethics and disclosure
- Ethics and confidentiality
- Handling conflict of interest