Exam Prep EdgeFree Assessment for NY Real Estate Exam Prep Edge
Complete a Free Practice Assessment
Below are free New York real estate practice exam questions that will closely resemble your licensing exam. Review these questions and see what you know! The answers are provided beneath the question set.
1. Under the penal law of New York, a misdemeanor is punishable by ________.
- A fine of up to $100,000
- A fine of up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment for up to one year
- A fine of up to $50,000 and/or imprisonment for up to five years
- Imprisonment for up to five years
2. " Which type of industrial property is often converted into living spaces?"
- "Heavy industrial
- Light manufacturing
- Loft/warehouse buildings
3. When the buyer has a mortgage, the buyer will generally have _____________________.
- Equal closing costs to the seller
- Fewer closing costs than the seller
- Fewer papers to sign than the seller
- More closing costs than the seller
4. What do Internal Revenue Code Section 3508 (a) (b) and 1986 New York Independent Contractor Law specify with regard to a broker’s treatment of a licensee?
- The broker is not allowed to socialize with the licensee.
- The broker is not allowed to supervise the licensee.
- The broker must not treat the licensee as an employee for federal tax purposes.
- The broker must treat the licensee like every other licensee in the firm.
5. " In New York, there are two primary approaches for contract preparation that depend upon the _______."
- Property location
- Property size
6. Loan interest rates can only be locked in for a specified number of days, which varies by lender from _____.
- 14-30 days
- 30-45 days
- 30-60 days
- 45-75 days
7. Property owners who cannot purchase from regular insurance companies can purchase from an insurance pool. What is a disadvantage of this coverage?
- Coverage costs are higher.
- Coverage is limited.
- Coverage is minimal.
- Coverage is sporadic.
8. Which of the following is true about fair housing laws for New York City residents?
- Fair housing laws and responsibilities are difficult to comply with.
- Fair housing laws and responsibilities remain constant through time.
- Local, state, and federal protected classes may be different.
- The broker, not the licensee, is responsible for keeping current on fair housing laws.
For a more comprehensive view into the types of questions you can expect on the exam, sign up for our free assessment. You’ll have the chance to review a 99-question real estate practice exam at no cost to you. Note that answers are only provided upon purchasing Exam Prep.
If you’re ready to feel confident about your upcoming licensing exam, you can purchase our New York real estate Exam Prep package. By purchasing one of our packages, you not only get to see the results from your free assessment, but you’ll also have access to an innovative Exam Prep Edge program that will put you in the best position to pass your test the first time around.
Here's What You Need to Know About Your Free Assessment
What is it?
Your free assessment consists of access to the Exam Prep Edge initial assessment exam that will give you immediate feedback on the topics you’ve mastered and the ones you still need to work on. Note that you’re required to purchase the program before you’re able to access the study materials or unlimited practice exams.
What do I need to do?
It's simple. Choose the program you want to try, sign up, and you're ready to get started. We won't even ask for credit card information until you're ready to buy.
Will my progress be saved?
Yes! The score from your free assessment will be saved. When you purchase the program, your progress will seamlessly transfer and you can pick up right where you left off.
What will it cost me?
Nothing at all! When we say free, we really mean it. Getting your real estate license is an investment and we want to show you how committed we are to helping you pass your exam. Take it for a test drive - you won’t be disappointed. Ready to buy?
Am I obligated to purchase by signing up?
Nope! We want you to be completely satisfied with Exam Prep Edge. You're not obligated to anything if you don't want to buy.
What happens when my free trial ends?
When you complete your free assessment, your program will be locked until you decide to purchase. If you like the program, you can purchase at any time. Get started!