New Lending Rules: Ability-to-Repay, Qualified Mortgages and Appraisal Transparency
- Ability-to-repay rules: how they impact lenders.
- The qualified mortgage rules: how they impact lenders and buyers.
- A discussion of the three types of qualified mortgages, and what safe harbor means for a lender.
- Insight into the categories of buyers who will be most impacted by the new rules, and financing options available to them.
- The ECOA Valuations rule requiring appraisal transparency: what it means to lenders, and how it can impact closing deadlines.
HOW DOES THIS HELP YOUR BUSINESS?
- Navigate potential stumbling blocks on the way to securing financing and the fine line between serving your clients while not giving advice.
- Guide clients to the right homes for which they can obtain a qualified mortgage under the new debt-to-ratio rules.
- Provide your clients with a basic understanding of the various factors that can affect their home-buying experience, from mortgage qualification to closing table.
**This course is NOT approved for CE credit.