Marijuana in Real Estate
Marijuana isn't necessarily a topic you might have ever thought you’d see in connection with your professional real estate career. No matter where you stand on the legalization issue, the issue itself has spread into day-to-day real estate activities for many professionals involved in real estate, whether working with buyers, sellers, tenants, or landlords in the residential and/or commercial real estate market.
This 3-hour course reviews some of the key legislation related to marijuana, where the legal controversies exist, case studies, and the potential implications for real estate—including what’s at stake for you, the licensee.
So buckle up and get ready for one of the wilder rides you’ll find in your real estate career.
- The basics of federal and state laws related to marijuana
- A look at the various controversies associated with marijuana and its legalization
- Trends in marijuana law—and how changing laws are the one constant at present
- Key findings from case studies involving real estate and marijuana use
- The impact of marijuana’s cultivation on a property
- Issues in property management, and seller and buyer representation
- A brief overview of special issues related to commercial properties, condominiums, and HOAs
- A quick bite related to employment law and its intersection with real estate
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context