Terms and Conditions
By using this Website, you consent, without limitation or qualification, to the Terms and Conditions of use. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using or purchasing from the Website. The school may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting and/or additional Terms and Conditions located in the school site. Because you are bound by any revisions to these Terms and Conditions, you should periodically revisit the Terms and Conditions by which you are bound.
Requirements for Completing the Course
To receive a course completion certificate you must complete the entire course and pass a final exam. You must also pass unit quizzes before advancing to the next unit. The unit quizzes are intended to help you master the material and better prepare you for the final exam.
Time Allotted to Complete the Course
The course must be completed within one year from the date of enrollment. After that date, you will no longer be able to access the class. To ensure that your time will not run out, it is recommended that you set a goal for completing the course, develop a regular study schedule and adhere to it. The sooner you complete the course, the better will be your retention of the material and the greater your chances of passing the final exam.
Passing Grades/Repeating the Course and Final Exam
The passing grade is 75% on the unit quizzes and 70% on the final exam. You may repeat the course and take the final exam as often as necessary, as long as you do so within one year of enrollment.
We will provide a completion certificate by first class U.S. mail or other suitable means within two weeks of notification that you have successfully completed the course. To request a certificate, please contact us by phone at 301.949.1771; by email at email@example.com, or by mail addressed to The Professional Development Institute, Attention: Distance Learning, 10605 Concord Street, Suite 301, Kensington, MD 20895.
Please call The CE Shop Hotline at 888.827.0777 if you are encountering difficulties such as the following: you're having trouble getting your course to run, graphics are not visible on your screen, your computer crashes while running the course, or you have other system-related problems. Technical Support is available from Monday – Friday 7 am to 9 pm CST and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm CST.
For questions concerning course content, call Carl Kessler at the Professional Development Institute, 301.949.1771. Non-technical support is available 8:30 am-5:00 pm EST.
There are no extensions if you do not complete the course within one year of enrollment.
We do not issue refunds for any reason. Please ensure that the course you plan to enroll in will fulfill your Continuing Education requirements, and that your browser meets the requirements for taking the course. Continuing Education requirements are spelled out on the web site of the Maryland Real Estate Commission, www.dllr.state.md.us. Detailed technical system requirements are spelled out on the course description page at The CE Shop site. You can determine if your system meets these requirements by clicking on the test button at the bottom of the course description page.
CE Hours or Not for Credit Hours
Where a course (or courses) is approved for state CE credit, the hours of approval will be reflected under the "Elective" or "Mandatory/Core" column headings in the respective catalog it was ordered from. If there are hours listed ONLY in the "Total" column, the course does NOT carry any CE credit.
Technical System Requirements
Courses are delivered through a secure and proprietary Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS is accessible online through common internet browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. An internet connection is required (high-speed internet is recommended but not required).
The school does not discriminate based on race, sex, religion, ethnic origin, or disability.
Promotional codes must be applied at checkout. No refund for a promotional code/discount will be granted after checkout. To obtain your discount, you must enter the promotional code in the box under your total at checkout and click the "Apply Discount" button, which will then subtract your discount from the total amount due. Promotional codes are not eligible for use in conjunction with payment plans.
Students shall spend any state required seat time in the course material. In states that require monitored seat time, the system will display the time the student is required to spend in the course prior to receiving credit for the course.
In addition to the above, the below provided states have specific completion requirements:
- ALASKA real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 10 course hours in a 24-hour period.
- ARIZONA real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 9 course hours in a day.
- California real estate licensees are limited to completion of final examinations for a maximum of 15 credit hours during any one 24-hour period. A maximum of 8 hours reading/study time per day shall be used in calculating the number of days that must lapse from the time the participant has had access to the course material until the examination can be accessed (e.g., if 8 credit hours have already been started and the final exam completed in a 24-hour period, the final exam for an additional course will not be available until the next 24-hour period). Students must spend the requisite number of hours navigating through the content and completing the incremental assessments prior to being granted access to the final examination (e.g., for a 3 credit course, a minimum of 3 hours must elapse and all unit quizzes must be complete before the final exam can be accessed).
- COLORADO, Nevada, North Dakota, and UTAH real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 8 course hours in a 24-hour period.
- MINNESOTA: Minnesota real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 8 course hours (classroom, distance or internet) in a 24-hour day.
- TEXAS real estate licensees are only allowed to complete a total of 10 course hours in a day. The school will not award the student credit for the course earlier than 24 hours after the student starts the course and after the student completes the course requirements for credit.
Except or as modified in those states provided below, the follow set of terms apply to exams:
- Exams are presented at the conclusion of each unit, with a varying number of questions depending on the amount of content contained in each unit. Unit exams can be retaken as many times as necessary.
- Exams are presented at the conclusion of each course, with a varying number of questions depending on the amount of content contained in the course. Except as provided in the states below, students may take the examination as many times as necessary to achieve a passing score and demonstrate mastery of the material.
- Students must achieve a minimum score as specified in the exam instructions to receive credit for the unit and course.
- Students will not be able to proceed with reading materials in the next units until previous exams are successfully completed and passed.
The following states have rules that are different than, or have modified, the above:
- NEVADA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students have a maximum of 60 seconds per true/false question and 1.5 minutes per multiple-choice question to answer the question.
- CALIFORNIA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students have a maximum of 60 seconds per multiple-choice question to answer the question. Two attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- ILLINOIS CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students must take their final exam for a course in the presence of an approved proctor. Two attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- KENTUCKY CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed two attempts to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- IDAHO CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed two attempts to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- WEST VIRGINIA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students must take their final exam in a paper format (not online). Two attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- FLORIDA CE FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed one attempt to pass the final exam with a passing score of 80%. If the student does not pass in the first attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- FLORIDA POST-LICENSING FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students are allowed two attempts to pass the final exam with a passing score of 75%. Licensees must wait at least 30 days and no more than 1 year after failing the final exam before making a second attempt. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
- GEORGIA POST-LICENSING FINAL EXAM POLICY: Students must take their Post-Licensing final exam in a in the presence of an approved proctor. Two attempts are allowed to pass the final exam. If the student does not pass in the second attempt, the student will be required to re-purchase and re-take the course if the student desires credit for the course.
Attendance and Progress Policy
Students must complete 100% of the learning material of a course and demonstrate mastery of the learning material to receive credit hours for the course. Students not completing 100% of the material will not be issued certificates of completion to receive credit hours for a course. Students must spend a minimum of 50 minutes (60 minutes in some states) per hour of approved credit in the learning management system. Example: for a 6 credit hour course, a student must be actively engaged in the course for 300 minutes (6 x 50 minutes). The school does not grant extensions for courses and does not have a probation policy in place for courses.
All students are expected to act maturely and are required to respect other students, faculty members, and employees of the school. Possession of weapons, illegal drugs, and alcohol of any kind are not allowed at any time on school property. Any violation of school policies may result in permanent dismissal from the school.
Any student may be dismissed for violations of rules and regulations of the school, as set forth herein. The school President, after consultation with all parties involved, makes the final decision. Where appropriate, the school President will review each case and decide whether to grant re-admittance.
Credits from another institution cannot be combined with those earned through the school. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if courses taken through other institutions are acceptable for credit. The school does not guarantee the transferability of its credits to any other institution unless there is a written agreement with another institution. Presently, there are no such agreements in place.
Should you have a complaint, please call the PA Bureau toll-free telephone number, 800.822.2113 to obtain information about filing a complaint against the real estate education provider.
Post CE Course Completion:
Once courses are completed, students must “certify” that they were the student/licensee who completed the coursework. This is accomplished by entering the username and password that the student created at the time of enrollment. A mandated course and instructor evaluation is also presented at this time to the student. Once certification has taken place, the student’s Certificate of Completion is sent to the student via email and is kept on record by the school for a minimum of five years unless otherwise stated. Any exceptions to these rules will be provided to you in the state requirement details, email instructions, and/or course orientation and completion slides.
It is the responsibility of the student to provide the school with the student's correct and complete real estate license number and correct and complete first and last name as is currently on record with the entity that issued the student's license. The school will not be responsible or liable for any disciplinary action by any regulatory entity including, but not limited to, late/reinstatement fees or changes in license status to the licensee as a result of incorrect license information provided by the student.
All Rights Reserved. All course materials offered by the school are copyrighted by either The CE Shop or its licensed content providers. No part of the school’s course content may be reproduced, retransmitted, distributed, sold, published, broadcasted, or circulated, including to individuals in the same company or organization, without the express written consent of The CE Shop. Course content shipped in paper book formats or received electronically via the Internet may be displayed or printed for your personal, non-commercial use only. Purchase of a course includes a license for one person to use the course materials for a period of 12 months from the date of shipment or activation unless otherwise stated. It is not permissible to distribute files containing course materials or printed versions of course materials to individuals who have not purchased the course(s) without the express written consent from The CE Shop. It is also not permissible to make the course materials available to others over a computer network, Intranet, Internet, or any other storage, transmittal, or retrieval system without the express written consent of The CE Shop.
The school and its authors and publishers are not engaged in the rendering of legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice. If professional advice is required, you should seek the services of a competent advisor. Further, while the school provides packages and courses designed to meet the licensees’ needs, IT IS SOLELY THE LICENSEES' RESPONSIBILITY to ensure they have ordered and completed the correct number and type (mandatory/elective) of hours to renew their license by their state deadline. By purchasing from the school, you hereby agree to hold harmless and release the school, and it’s directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or loss or damage based on, or in any way related to, the above in any form or fashion, the school’s course content or the school’s providing of the course content.
For Informational Purposes Only
The content on the school's Website is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Products and services offered by the school are not available in all states or license types. The school does not guarantee that the information made available by the school will be accurate, complete, or current. The Website may also contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The school will, from time to time, revise the information, products, and services described on the school Website and the school reserves the right to make such changes at any time without notice.
Links to other Internet sites
It is your responsibility to scan any and all downloaded materials received from the Internet. The school shall not be responsible or liable for any damage caused by viruses or related hazards, whether or not that virus or hazard resulted from a visit to the school Website. You, and not the school, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repairs, or correction related to computer viruses.
The school takes standard precautions in seeking to ensure that its systems are secure and that they meet industry standards, including the application of firewalls for its Internet-based systems. When appropriate, the school employs the use of encryption technologies, user authentication systems (e.g., passwords and personal identification numbers) and access control mechanisms. With that said, the school does not guarantee that your information is safe from an attack on its systems. By purchasing from the school, you hereby agree to hold harmless and release the school, and its directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or loss or damage based on, or in any way related to, the above in any form or fashion.
Information provided "As Is"
THE COURSES PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE SCHOOL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SCHOOL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE ACCESS TO THE SCHOOL WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT THE MATERIALS AND/OR COURSES CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SCHOOL WEBSITE OR SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limitation of Damages
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE SCHOOL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS AND/OR COURSES ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE, EVEN IF THE SCHOOL OR AN AUTHORIZED AGENT OR BROKER, CONTRACTOR, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE/EMPLOYEE OF THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. If applicable law does not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability or certain categories of damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you and the applicable law shall govern. In no event, however, shall the school’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, or causes of action exceed the amount paid by you to the school in the last 12 month period.
Other Terms & Conditions
You agree that the school has the right to terminate your account at any time if the school has reason to believe that your account is being fraudulently accessed for unauthorized reasons. If you have questions concerning any of the school’s Terms and Conditions, please feel free to contact the school using the contact information on the school site.
Refer to the School Site for:
- School address and contact information
- Refund policies
- Course expiration details
- Enrollment process
- Privacy statement