HOW TO GET YOUR MINNESOTA LICENSE IN 6 STEPS
Becoming licensed may seem like a daunting undertaking at first, but we’ve demystified the process for you. Follow these simple steps to get started today!
Complete 90 hours of Pre-Licensing education.
The Minnesota Department of Commerce requires all salesperson candidates to complete three 30-hour courses, identified as:
- Course I (must be completed before taking licensing exam)
- Course II (must be completed before applying for license)
- Course III (must be completed before applying for license)
The CE Shop is approved by the Minnesota Department of Commerce as a qualified real estate education provider. All three required salesperson Pre-Licensing courses are taught on an advanced web-based platform designed specifically for real estate professionals that combines the best of modern real estate education with the ease and convenience of online learning. You will learn all you need to know to successfully pass your licensing exam, while preparing for your new career, through exciting course material and practical examples relevant to the real estate industry.
Complete the course final exam.
After you complete all the course materials and pass the practice exam, there is a final exam.
The test must be taken in the presence of a proctor approved. Learn more about scheduling your exam here.
Choose a sponsoring broker.
In order to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Minnesota, you must be associated with an actively-licensed real estate broker, for whom you will act on behalf of. Your sponsoring or primary broker is required to submit your salesperson license application. Here are some questions to consider when looking for a sponsoring broker:
- What is their reputation, both locally and nationally?
- What kind of real estate agents are they looking for?
- Are they technologically advanced and up to date with the latest systems?
- How do they support their agents with education and training?
- What kind of commission structure do they offer?
- Do they offer benefits?
- Do they provide their agents with leads and marketing material?
- Is there room to grow with the brokerage?
Register, take, and pass the salesperson license examination.
The Minnesota Department of Commerce has contracted with PSI Exams Online to facilitate and administer the licensing examination. For detailed information on the licensing examination, please refer to the Minnesota Real Estate Candidate Information Bulletin provided by PSI.
- What is their reputation - locally and nationally?
- What kind of agents are they looking for?
- Are they up-to-date technologically?
- How do they support their agents with the education and training they provide?
- What kind of commission and benefits do they offer?
- Do they provide agents with leads and marketing materials?
Application for license via sponsoring broker.
Your application for a real estate salesperson license must be submitted by the real estate broker you are associated with. Once approved by the Minnesota Department of Commerce, your broker will inform you that you are a licensed Minnesota real estate salesperson. For more information, please see the Guide to Real Estate Licensing, provided by the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
How to Get Your Salesperson Real Estate License in Minnesota
SIGN UP TODAY TO GET ALL OF THIS AND MORE IN OUR EBOOK
The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent
Ready to get started?
Check out our payment plan and package options!
Start a free trial today.
Sign up for a free 5-day trial, no credit card required!